Re: One-way messaging in SOAP 1.2

 Marc,
 as far as I understand the HTTP binding (I've last read the
SOAP/1.1 version of it though) is that it supports one-way quite
nicely:
 An HTTP request with the SOAP Envelope in it goes there, back
goes either 202 success, but nothing back, or 200 OK with content
length zero. (IIRC the wording meant "in case there is a reply,
send it like this:...")
 If the current wording prohibits one-way, I think we've indeed
got an issue here.
 I don't think we necessarily have to describe one-way MEP for it
should be clear enough. Or we could have a simple definition
like:
 One-way MEP: best effort to get the message to the other side,
nothing (SOAPish) ever goes back.
 I don't like the idea that some transports may not support
one-way, I can't imagine such a transport really.
 Best regards,

                   http://www.systinet.com/