RE: Media type encoding parameter?

Mark, Jacek,

I guess that a (small) concern I have with some of the direction this is
taking is that it introduces the potential for the metadata to be
inconsistent with the actual message content, this creates new failure cases
and potentially some need to consider how such inconsistencies should be
handled and so-forth.

I think if we create a means to create inconsistency between say some
fine-grain message type expressed in a content-type header and the actual
type of the message content, there will be folks with either curious or
malicious intent that 'experiment' with being inconsistent.

The more stuff that leaks out of the message headers the more potential to
be inconsistent...

I think we need to keep this stuff to the bare essentials and largely with
the status of a hint, ie. the presense of inconsistency the message content
is king.

Just my 0.02p.

Best regards

Stuart