Re: DR 122: Mapping issues

On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Jean-Jacques Moreau wrote:

> Henry Lowe wrote:
>
> > The current text for DR 122 is given.  Then (in the proposal) it is
> > suggested that this text for DR 122 is a dup(licate) of DR 122.
> > Unless there is a typo here, I don't understand what is a duplicate
> > of what.
>
> Sorry, this was a typo. Thanks for spotting this.
>
> Here's the correct text.
>
> Proposal for DR 122
> ---------------------
> Considering that we will NOT be looking at other mappings, I consider
> this requirement as a dup of DR 121 [1], and so I propose that we drop it.

Well, it is not exactly a dup, as an outcome of this requirement is
<< WG may consider issue a warning about the possible problems of reusing
non-safe "transports">>
Also, we don't know if people will want in the future to start another
binding (although it is quite unlikely).
Also work on the HTTP binding will provide the right warnings to address
this DR. (So I am for keeping it :) )

--
Yves Lafon - W3C / Jigsaw - XML Protocol - HTTP