Re: Fwd: Re: DAML-S ProcessModel

On Sunday 18 May 2003 23:56, Sudhir Agarwal wrote:
> Re: DAML-S ProcessModel
> From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@isr.umd.edu>
> To: agarwal@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de

OK. And How? What is the difference between choreography and composition?

> > Isn't it enough to have only AtomicProcess?
>
> Nope.

Why?

> >Why should a web service
> >provider show how his services works?
>
> Because I, the client, might have need to coordinate with
> different phases of some one of his services. For example, if
> some step of the service requires feedback, authorization,
> etc. from me, I might want to know when to look for such
> requests. If it involves transfer of money, I may have fairly
> complex arrangements to make for this.

Requirements of a web service belong in the preconditions. If a client only
what to know which services participate in a complex service, it is enough to
specify a list of participating services. Why all these constructs like
if-then-else, while etc.?

> Also, the APs need not be all from the same provider. In our
> planning work, we use composite processes as receipes for
> putting together a sequence of APs from (possibly) different
> providers.
>
> Indeed, with automated compositoin, the complex service might
> not *exist* until a specific request is made.
>
> > On the other hand, im not sure that a
> >web service requester is interested in knowing all that
>
> (if-then-else, while,
>
> >split, fork etc.) stuff as long as the service does what he
>
> wants.
>
> Also good for ad hoc programming. Also good for running the
> Composite process either on the client (remember, all the APs
> are already exposed on the web) or the server (but I may want
> to monitor progress to facilitate recovery) or distributedly.

how can a client run a web service, which is provided by someone else?
what do u mean by distributedly?  DAML-S uses WSDL for grounding. WSDL is
mostly used to specify SOAP, Java RMI, EJB web services. None of them allows
to distribute a complex plan.