RE: What are the exemptions for use of IRI?

If the group think it's OK to keep all the use of the term URI
throughout the primer for simplification (and readability), I am fine.
Will send a proposal for LC303 in that spirit in a separate message.

However, it's still not clear if there is really any exemption for using
IRIs.  For example, It seems that everything stated in section 5.6 (
under Advanced Topic II, quoted below for your convenience) is also
applicable to IRIs. Is that right? Can we say that the use of term URI
and IRI are interchangeable in the primer?

Best Regards,
Kevin

5.6 Notes on URIs

5.6.1 XML Namespaces and Schema Locations

It is a common misperception to equate either the target namespace of an
XML Schema or the value of the xmlns attribute in XML instances with the
location of the corresponding schema. Even though namespaces are URIs,
and URIs may be locations, and it may be possible to retrieve a schema
from such a location, this does not mean that the retrieved schema is
the only schema that is associated with that namespace. There can be
multiple schemas associated with a particular namespace, and it is up to
a processor of XML to determine which one to use in a particular
processing context. The WSDL 2.0 specification provides the processing
context here via the import mechanism, which is based on XML Schema's
term for the similar concept.

5.6.2 Relative URIs

Throughout this document there are fully qualified URIs used in WSDL 2.0
and XSD examples. In some cases, fully qualified URIs were used simply
to illustrate the referencing concepts. However, the use of relative
URIs is allowed and warranted in many cases. For information on
processing relative URIs, see RFC2396
<http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2396.txt> .

5.6.3 Generating Temporary URIs

In general, when a WSDL 2.0 document is published for use by others, it
should only contain URIs that are globally unique. This is usually done
by allocating them under a domain name that is controlled by the issuer.
For example, the W3C allocates namespace URIs under its base domain
name, w3.org.

However, it is sometimes desirable to make up a temporary URI for an
entity, for use during development, but not make the URI globally unique
for all time and have it "mean" that version of the entity (schema, WSDL
2.0 document, etc.). Reserved Top Level DNS Names [IETF RFC 2606
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-wsdl20-primer-20050803/#RFC2606> ]
specifies some URI base names that are reserved for use for this type of
behavior. For example, the base URI "http://example.org/" can be used to
construct a temporary URI without any unique association to an entity.
This means that two people or programs could choose to simultaneously
use the temporary URI " http://example.org/userSchema" for two
completely different schemas. As long as the scope of use of these URIs
does not intersect, then they would be unique enough. However, it is not
recommended that " http://example.org/" be used as a base for stable,
fixed entities.