Re: Sample Application described in WSDL using HTTP binding and s howing messages

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 05:05:36PM +0200, Liu, Kevin wrote:
> Hi Marker,

Hey, that's a new one. 8-)

> Seems the web site was not picking up the latest draft from CVS. I guess David B has had the problem fixed. Now the latest draft is available from :
> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20-primer.html
>
> It's only a first attempt to sync the primer with the part 1 & 2 spec with some example. We have not paid too much attention to wordings and structures of the document, so please just treat the draft as a starting point.

Ok, great.  It seems there's still not too much detail on the
reservation example, but perhaps enough for me to start sketching out a
RESTful solution.

Example 3-1.  I could live with this as is, but I think it would be
clearer if the element names weren't suggesting RPC were going on.  So
for example, I'd change "checkAvailability" to "Description" or
something similarly generic ("Availability" would work too, though I
see no need to get specific).  Ditto for MakeReservation.

Example 3-4.  I'd probably do this as two interfaces, one for checking
availability, which would use the operation GET, a GET HTTP binding
which would permit the availability description (start date, end date,
room type) to be URI-encoded.  For the reservation itself, I'd define
an interface with a POST operation, and specify the in/out the same way
it's done there, I think.  That's it.

Mark.

  Seeking work on large scale application/data integration projects
  and/or the enabling infrastructure for same.