RE: Agenda, 3 June 2004 WS Desc telcon

Some comments and status reports (maybe make the meeting quicker if I report a bit here?)

I've been working on the part 3 making slow progress.  Last week I was at the annual BEA users conference.  I've had most of this week for straight WSDL work but that's been focused on the message content to URI binding work as I thought that was highest priority as it's the most complex to create.

I think that I have this as an action item.

I'm working on a proposal on how to bind message content to URIs.  I'm making good progress.  From a status perspective, I've found a couple of troublesome areas that I'm closing in on.  The first is how to deal with namespaces and Qnames when binding to URIs, and I've talked a bit about that on my blog.  The 2nd that I'm working through is the relationship between URI based identifiers and XML based identifiers.

I won't have anything for this call, but I should have for next call.

> 13. Effort to simplify our spec.
>   - DavidB [.1] and Jonathan [.2] have provided some data points.
>   - Arthur's suggestion [.3]
>
> [.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Mar/0162.html
> [.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0006.html
> [.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0028.html

I really gotta say, some of this redundant text is really annoying from an editors perspective.  I do hate it as an editor when I have to do redundant work that I lobbied against.  </grumble>

Cheers,
Dave