Re: help with incorporating operation name v3 proposal (issue 168)

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 18:16:30 -0400
Glen Daniels <gdaniels@sonicsoftware.com> wrote:
> I would think the tests would be something like:
>
> - 1 -
> Define a WSDL with unique GEDs, processor does fine
>
> - 2 -
> Define a WSDL with non-unique GEDs and no extensions, processor barfs
>
> - 3 -
> Define an feature "http://www.w3.org/wsdl/testFeature" which "satisfies
> the requirement" (in other words this feature simply exists for this
> test).
>
> Define a WSDL with non-unique GEDs which uses the above feature in the
> <interface>, processor does fine.

Exactly.  This is how an optional extension can be required to be
required, and how to code around it.

*sigh*  I really *shouldn't* point out that this is massively silly, since
it went through formal vote, but I really just can't resist.  Especially
when someone else is pointing out the absurdity straight-faced ("this
feature fulfills that requirement").

Senior Architect
TIBCO/Extensibility, Inc.
alewis@tibco.com