RE: Action Item 2004-07-01 Solution to 168/R114

Let's take an interface with operations B and C both of which have the
same input message, X. Operation B has an output message Y, while
operation C has a different output message Z. Both B and C use the
In-Out pattern.  Whether you get message Y or Z back depends on the
content of X. Let's for the sake of argument say that if a particular
value in X is over 1000 you get Z, otherwise you get Y.

I believe that this is a coherent (if somewhat simplistic) example in
messaging systems. I also understand that it does not fit particularly
well into the RPC style. And that the WSDL does not describe the details
of how the server determines whether to send Y or Z. C'est la vie. There
is still enough information in the WSDL to construct messages that the
service will accept and to deconstruct messages the service will emit,
that is to interoperate with the service.

Some of you are wondering what happened to operation A. But that's
another story...

Gudge