From: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ws-desc-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Anish Karmarkar
Sent: 08 July 2004 09:18
To: Umit Yalcinalp
Cc: Jonathan Marsh; www-ws-desc@w3.org
Subject: Re: Issue 177: XML 1.1 support

The proposal seems to future proof WSDL for possible new versions of
XML, which is a good thing, but it applies only to XML 1.1 and not beyond.
In addition, till XML schema supports XML 1.1, the message reference
component can only describe XML 1.0 messages. Is that correct?

If that is so, then it seems to me that creating new types to support
XML 1.1 will be of limited value, especially from tooling perspective.

Is there any reason not to rev WSDL when XML schema supports 1.1?
Has the WG considered a resolution similar to the resolution of issue
20rec [1] in XMLP WG?

-Anish
--

[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/xmlp-rec-issues.html#x20