Re: Simplified WSDL Syntax

After investigating this, it appears to me that implementing the
by-value proposal requires a complete rewrite of part one of the
specification, in effect, and makes the job of WSDL processor
implementor significantly more complex.  Based on previous experience,
so large a task as rewriting the content model of every component in
part one would require a minimum of six months (I'd be surprised to see
it go that fast, actually).

There's certainly significant value in making it easier on the writers
of WSDL (as opposed to the writers of WSDL processors).  I wish that
this had been proposed a year ago; I probably would have supported it,
with careful attention to clarifying potential ambiguities for authors
of WSDL processors.  I'd still be interested to see what it looks like
if someone is willing to take on the burden of rewriting all of part
one.  But I don't think I'm willing to vote in favor of adding it to
the requirements for the working group, at this stage of progress,
without a very convincing demonstration of the ease of integration
(that is, a draft of a rewrite of part one rather than a requirement
that the group and its editors engage in producing same).