Re: 2004-02-12 Action Item: Clarification to the OperationName feature

Hi folks:

(sorry about replying up here instead of inline, but I can't seem to get
Outlook Express to prefix quoted text with ">" in some cases (when Outlook
was used to send the original message, it seems) even though I have all the
right switches set - grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!  If you have a clue how to do this,
let me know!)

Having the operation name available somehow, no matter how, on the receiving
end is precisely what we are trying to define with this feature.  It does
not need to be in the message content per se, and might also be available
via the URL, the action parameter, etc.  The only trick is that something
has to know how it is being done, and that must be somehow expressed in the
WSDL.

Making it a required feature, modulo precise wording tweaks, should have the
same effect as if a <feature
uri="http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl20/features/operationName" required="true"/>
were always present in the WSDL.  Umit suggests this should be in the
<binding>, but I think it makes more sense to think of it in the
<interface>.  Really doesn't matter though as long as it's always assumed to
be there.

I don't think that you can "widen" a required feature to optional, so having
the required="false" as you suggest below wouldn't have any effect.

If you specify your "stick-operation-name-in-a-header" module without noting
that it implements the operationName feature, then you haven't satisfied the
operationName feature.

I'm not sure what the "obvious semantics" are in your "override" example,
actually. :)  Could you expand on that a little?

--Glen