From: Sanjiva Weerawarana [mailto:sanjiva@watson.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2003 1:45 PM
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org
Subject: proposal for improving <documentation>

I'd like to propose that we change <documentation> to be
consistent with XSD's <annotation> element:

<xsd:annotation>
  <xsd:documentation> human readable stuff </xsd:documentation>
  <xsd:appInfo> machine readable stuff </xsd:appInfo>
</xsd:annotation>

So, I propose we drop <wsdl:documentation> and replace it
with:

    <wsdl:annotation>
      <wsdl:documentation> human readable stuff </wsdl:documentation>
      <wsdl:appInfo> machine readable stuff </wsdl:appInfo>
    </wsdl:annotation>

This allows tools to use this hook and furthermore we'd
be consistent with XSD, which is said to be a good thing ;-).

Sanjiva.