Re: What does WSDL describe?

"Mark Baker" <distobj@acm.org> writes:

> WSDL is currently committed to an "interface/operation" model.  I'm
> asking that it be augmented to support alternative models such as the
> one Savas describes.

"operation" in WSDL 2.0 is a way of grouping together a set of messages.
There is *no* semantic beyond that any more.

Can you explain what the difference between that and Savas' model is
please? Please use something non-committal like "foo" for <operation>
so that we can talk rationally without having mental connotations
on what these words mean.

Sanjiva.