Re: on WSDL 2.0 Part 1: Core Language, 031110

Thanks for your feedback

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 18:26:19 +0100 (CET)
Yuxiao Zhao <yuxzh@ida.liu.se> wrote:
> Here come my doubts and possible errors about this specification:
>
> - Access control of web service is to specify which parties can invoke
> the Web service. Any web service cannot be accessed unlimitedly.
>  I dont know how to specify it, maybe using /feature/ and /property/
>  in
> /binding/ component description, but how?

Out of scope.  A feature/property that defines access control could be
written.

> - in 3
> Instances of WSDL may require support for an alternative schema
> language by using the standard wsdl:required attribute information
> item What is "Instances of WSDL"?

A WSDL document is an instance (concrete, single example) of WSDL (which
abstractly defines all possible examples or instances).  Possibly the
wording needs to change.

> By design, WSDL supports any schema language for which the syntax and
> semantics of import or embed have been defined.
> What is meaning of "embed"? does it mean "include" of namespace? If
> so, why dont you use "include/inclusion" instead?

No, it doesn't mean include.  It means embed.  Or inline.  Just as we
allow embedding/inlining of W3C XML Schema in the [types] element.  We
do not permit inclusion of any schema language (WSDL is not a schema
language; all schemas must be imported and assigned to a namespace).

> -------Wording------------

[snip]

Note that several of these are stylistic issues, particularly for those
places in the text in which the singular is used as a generic ("drawn
from some type system" "categories of component" "some technology
specific binding"), this should probably not change if it is the natural
style of the editor(s) and is used consistently.

> 4.2.2
> The location attribute information item is optional to allow WSDL
> components to be constructed from information other than serialized
> XML 1.0 and to allow for WSDL processors that have a priori knowledge
> of certain namespaces. what do you mean?

Many systems have cataloging infrastructure; they may be able to produce
a schema based solely on its namespace.

Amy!
(not speaking for the WG as a whole)
Architect, TIBCO/Extensibility, Inc.