Re: Draft of Definitions

David,

After reading your proposed definitions, it occurred to me that some are very
specific to this WG and that others are also being addressed by the other WGs
within the WS activity. It might be worth coordinating, or at least getting input
from these other WGs, so that we come up with definitions that are, even if
different, compatible.

You may want to check the thread at [1] on the WSA WG mailing list, where the
term "Web Service" has been discussed at great lengths. You may also want to
check the definition for Message[2] and Binding[2] from the XMLP WG (which may be
too specific for this WG).

Also, like David Orchard[3], I tend to think a definition for Web-Service ought
to contain the word "XML".

Jean-Jacques.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-arch/2002Feb/0103.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/1/10/11/soap12-part1.html#terminology