Re: Messaging Service Layer

On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 02:38:48PM -0500, Champion, Mike wrote:
> There's nothing in the WSA charter or requirements about conforming to any
> flavor of the 7-layer networking model, AFAIK.

I'm not suggesting any need to *conform* (as much as I'd like to 8-),
only a need to *identify* any differences.

>  I'm unfamiliar with the
> IETF's position on this as a normative model for the highest-levels of the
> protocol stack, could you point me to that?

Some might direct you to RFCs 1122 and 1123, but they don't really
address that directly.  AFAIK, no normative stack model is documented.

FWIW, I found this quite accurate;

http://margo.student.utwente.nl/simon/finished/thesis/thesis2/node10.html#SECTION00613000000000000000