Applications are allowed to process SOAP header blocks (was: Messaging Service Layer)

I have to disagree. There is nothing in the SOAP specification
that indicates that header blocks are to be processed only by the
messaging layer and not by the application. The SOAP
specification is mute on that aspect and is only concerned with
what happens at a given (SOAP) node, independently of what layer
performs the processing. Quoting section 2.6, Processing SOAP
Messages:

<quote>
Process all mandatory SOAP header blocks targeted at the node
and, in the case of an ultimate SOAP receiver, the SOAP body. A
SOAP node MAY also choose to process non-mandatory SOAP header
blocks targeted at it.
</quote>

Jean-Jacques.

[1]