RE: Words for the Triangles

+1

Heather Kreger
Web Services Lead Architect
STSM, SWG Emerging Technology
kreger@us.ibm.com
919-543-3211 (t/l 441)  cell:919-496-9572

Ugo Corda <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com>@w3.org on 09/26/2002 12:46:16 PM

Sent by:    www-ws-arch-request@w3.org

To:    "'Mark Baker'" <distobj@acm.org>
cc:    "'Hugo Haas'" <hugo@w3.org>, www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject:    RE: Words for the Triangles

Mark,

If A and B are two partners in a B2B interaction, B could maintain a
private
UDDI registry and A could be given access to it. So A's best way to access
services' interfaces could be through B's UDDI.

I am not saying that it's the only way for A to communicate with B. I am
just pointing out that the concept of UDDI as a third party dropped into an
otherwise pure P2P scenario is not that clearly cut in all cases.

Ugo