Re: Web services and the Semantic Web

Oh, is this what Eric was talking about?  I thought by "distributed
computing concepts" he was talking about managing things like
partial failure, desirable degree of network transparency, evolution
and extension, etc..  All things that the Web already addresses.

If he meant those things, then I agree (sort of - e.g. ACID isn't
suitable for the Internet).

MB