RE: Addressing Orchestration

Addressing OrchestrationBEA certainly believes that choreography is a high
priority area for standardization.  I slightly abused editorial privilege
and put high priority on the choreography usage scenario, but there's been
zero comments on the details of the usage scenarios or the priorities.

FWIW, there's fair bits of work to muddle through for requirements for any
real work in this area, like: should it be pi calculus (or derivative)
based?  should it have a global model?  should it specify correlations based
upon message content?  Should it be binary or n-ary meps (message exchange
patterns)?  What does conformance/compliance to an interface *mean* for
runtime software(should it check conditions?)?  What kinds of specifiable
meps are allowed?  What kind of extensibility model for defined interface
elements should be used?  How should the allowable meps relate to ordered
reliable messaging?  etc.

But, we can't even get to talking about requirements for security, despite
agreeing 2 months ago to focus on it as a high priority and it being listed
as a high priority area for soap extensions in the web services workshop
over a year ago.  So I'm not surprised that we haven't spent much time on
choreography.  </disappointment>

We'd certainly like to see more work on standardization around choreography.

Cheers,
Dave