RE: Choreography and REST

Firstly lets not argue the usefulness of the factory pattern:-)

Secondly in your example, I could get a c_obj from a
trader/uddi/directory, without
there being any explicit make_c. There is  no systematic way to know
whether a c_obj provider must provide the factory
or whether that is a private act and the object can be
advertised/discovered seperatley; nor whether once I create it it can be

shared or not. Without some syntax that ties them together you really do
have to look at comments/documentation (heaven forbid).

Just my personal opinion but I think design by contract/path experession
type thingy is a pre-cursor to a
choreography/orchestration/collaboration solution.

Martin.