Re: Web service definition

On Tuesday, August 13, 2002, at 02:29  AM, Krishna Sankar wrote:
> Agreed, artifact might not be *THE* scientific term. By XML
> artifacts, one could mean DTD or Schema or WSDL (which itself is an XML
> fragment or ... - "stuff" might be the most nearest non-scientific
> term.

Well, I think I'd prefer "documents" to "stuff". However,
why do we need another noun in there at all? Why not simply:

Definition:
A Web service is a software application identified by a URI, whose
interfaces and bindings are defined and described using XML. Its
definition can be discovered by other software applications. These
applications may then interact with the Web service in a manner
prescribed by its definition, using XML messages conveyed by
internet protocols.