Re: Web service definition

Geoff,

Hmmm... I hadn't thought that my proposal only addressed how discovery
takes place. In fact, I had thought that there shouldn't be much
specificity
in addressing how discovery takes place.

Allow me to try again with a slight edit to my previous proposal:

       Definition: A Web service is a software application identified by a
       URI, whose interfaces and bindings are defined and described
       using XML artifacts. This definition can be discovered by other
software
       applications. These applications may then interact with the Web
         service, through the exchange of XML based messages via internet
         protocols, in a manner prescribed by its definition.

Again, I don't think that we necessarily want to narrow the possibilities
of how the description/definition is discovered.

Cheers,

Christopher Ferris
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
phone: +1 508 234 3624