RE: ISSUE 5.2 Language Compliance Levels - proposed clarification

As Dan pointed out, it is up to the chairs to rule on this.  I cannot
speak for Guus, but frankly I'm of mixed-minds.  Jeremy is 100%
correct that having our documents contradictory is a bad thing - if
we don't fix that now, we will likely have to fix it later, at much
greater cost (i.e. if we went to PR and then someone brought up the
issue, we would have to go to LC again).  On the other hand, the
proposed fix seems fairly drastic - as Ian has pointed out, and we
did consider the issue of Lite semantics for a long time (and reached
what seemed to be a comprommise).
    I'm wondering if there's not a simpler fix -- note that I am NOT
reopening the issue, just expressing curiosity as to whether there is
a consensus among the WG that we could open it and make a simple fix.
  Does anyone have any thoughts on this to help the chairs make a
decision as to how we could resolve this document problem or whether
we need to open the issue?
  thanks
  JH