WOWG: Agenda Jan 23 telecon (revised)

  - proposal to approve tests added (see 2.6)
  - many actions marked as done]

Janaury 23, 2003

1200 US East Coast
0900 US West Coast
1700 London
0200 Tokyo (next day)

Duration: 90 minutes

To use Zakim:
Dial +1.617.761.6200
At the "enter your passcode followed by the pound key" message,
enter 9326#.
Note: When you join the telecon please state your name

Simultaneous IRC Chat (port 6665)

Chair: Guus Schreiber
Scribe: please volunteer

1) ADMIN (15 min)

1.1 Role Call

Regrets: Horrocks
Regrets (partial): ter Horst, Carroll, Obrst, Wallace
See list archive for last-minute regrets

1.2 Approval of Minutes of last telecon

PROPOSED to accept the following as a true record of the Jan 16

1.3 Agenda Amendments

1.4   Telecon Schedule

Next telecon: January 30
Scribe:   TBD

1.5  FTF record

ACTION Hendler to request F2F presentation material from F2F

2. DOCUMENT STATUS (60-75 min.)

For document links see the WG home page.

2.1 Req document

ACTION Hefflin: update terminology (e.g. object) in requirements document

ACTION Heflin to publish Requirements as a WD, subject to editorial 

ACTION Connolly: figure out privacy, security risks / issues in spec

2,2 Overview document

ACTION McGuinness, van Harmelen: OWL Overview draft by Jan20
ACTION Welty, Horan: review Overview by Jan30

2.3 Semantics document

ACTION: Hendler to send msg to SemWeb CG about RDF model theory.

ACTION Patel-Schneider: write to webont WG (only to webont WG) about
the impact of this on OWL.

ACTION Carroll: review AS & S Section 4

ACTION Horrocks: review AS & S Appendices

ACTION Patel-Schneider: keep Dave Beckett informed of status of his 

ACTION ter Horst, Pan review semantics

ACTION AllDifferent: semantics editor (Patel-Schneider)

Discussion points raised by Carrol
(discussed under "Semantics, although some of these also relate to other
See Jeremey's message of Jan 22:

2.4 Guide document

ACTION Term used in the Reference, and Abstract Syntax documents. Mike
Smith to clarif in glossary

ACTION Unique Names discussion - Mike & Deb to send messages

ACTION Roadmap to go into guide - Action to Guus.

ACTION Welty: explain that "in OWL Lite, all names need types" in the

ACTION Carroll: writes a section about the constraints to go from RDF

ACTION AllDifferent: guide editor (Welty)

ACTION IanH: explain how to say "range of P is A union B" in owl lite
DONE: see

ACTION Welty: provide guide last call candidate by 15Jan

ACTION Schreiber: to review by 21Jan

ACTION Heflin: to review Guide by 21Jan

ACTION Connolly: to publish Guide, after Welty/Guus/Hefflin do their
part of Guide.

2.5 Reference document

ACTION AllDifferent: ref editor (Dean).

ACTION Deab, Schreiber: produce new version by Jan 21
ACTION Volz, Carrol/HP, Hendler: review Reference

AVTION Dan Connelly to add "comment" issue to the
Semantic Web

2.6 Test document

PROPOSAL to approve test case by De Roo:

ACTION Carroll: - add suvj pred aClass test case in

ACTION Carroll: - check sameInstanceAs/sameClassAs tests for FULL
clarify different semantics

ACTION Carroll: to add a test for syntax checker

ACTION Patel-Schneider: add definition of OWL Lite document

ACTION Caroll: teach sean bechhofer, peter crowber editing/creating tests

ACTION Connolly, Stanton: TEST review

2.7 Other document matters

ACTION Schrieber: to get Req doc it into road map

3. RDF Core related topics  (5-10 min.)

- Review by Webont of RDF Core WDs

ACTION  Patel-Schneider: relay feedback on parseType="Collection"

ACTION Carroll: investigate this issue (rdfs:Literal etc.) in RDFCore

4. AOB (0-5 min.)

A. Th. Schreiber, SWI, University of Amsterdam,

Received on Thursday, 23 January 2003 04:18:43 UTC