RE: Guide glossary

Bernard,

Thanks.

> > Class Definition
> >     informal term for talking about an owl:Class element and its
descendant elements

> What's a "descendant element"?

FIXED.  Deleted ' and its descendant elements'

> > Class name
> >     informal term for refering to an owl:Class tag.
>
> 'Tag'? Isn't the class name the term contained by the owl:Class element?

value.</dd>

> > Individual
> >     an instance of an OWL class, i.e., a resource that belongs to the
class extension of an OWL class
> > Instance
> >     a member of the class extension of an OWL class

We left the definition in the glossary because 'instance of' appears so
often.
Though we normally use the term 'individual' to talk about members of
classes.

- Mike
if it's not too late, could you give some thought to the following three
minor comments:

> Class Definition
>     informal term for talking about an owl:Class element and its
descendant elements

What's a "descendant element"?

> Class name
>     informal term for refering to an owl:Class tag.

'Tag'? Isn't the class name the term contained by the owl:Class element?

> Individual
>     an instance of an OWL class, i.e., a resource that belongs to the
class extension of an OWL class
> Instance
>     a member of the class extension of an OWL class

It's not clear to me that there's a difference between an Instance and
an Individual. I thought that the f2f editors' breakout session had
decided not to include Instance as a noun. In
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jan/0176.html
Chris indicates that
"instance: the relation between an individual and a class"