Re: Comments on Feature Synopsis

At 7:36 -0500 1/2/03, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
>From: Deborah McGuinness <dlm@ksl.stanford.edu>
>Subject: Re: Comments on Feature Synopsis
>Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 19:54:09 -0800
>
>[...]
>
>>  > 6 - A new top level section, to become section 5.0 is added.  In this
>>  > section we say that OWL Full uses the same vocabulary as OWL DL, but
>>  > relaxes two features of OWL DL.  It then lists the following two
>>  > things<ul>:
>>  >
>>  > allows inverseFunctional Property to be applied to datatype
>>  > properties.  (and a short description that this is desirable for
>>  > allowing database-key like functionality ) >/li>
>>  >
>>  > is and when it could be desirable.  The words on this in the
>>  > requirements document (this was a requirement) coupled with a simple
>>  > example (either from wine or the one on airplane flights we heard at
>>  > first f2f)
>>  > </ul>
>>
>>  ok - do pat and peter and ian think that captures all the differences?
>
>It does not.  One of my recent messages gives a set of requirements for
>OWL/DL ontologies in graph form, which is stated quite differently and has
>more differences than mentioned above.
>
>peter
>
>PS:  My requirements for OWL/DL graphs are incomplete, as I noticed this
>morning.

wait, this isn't supposed to be an exhaustive list of differences,
it's supposed to be the primary features that can be used in the
different sublanguages - as far as I can tell, the primary features
that Full offers over DL are the ability to do classes as instances
and the ability to have inverseFunctionalProperty for datatype.   I
also suggested in other mail that we have a complete categorization
of the differences between these sublangauges in the semantics
document -- so I'd rephrase Deb's question as "are there other
features of Full that should be highlighted in the Features document"
  -JH