AW: DAML -> OWL Converter generates OWL FULL only / OWL VALIDATOR

Hi -

I don't think that this is a feasile solution, since
full (complete and sound) support of FULL is impossible,
whereas DL/Lite is at least within foreseeable reach.

Of course, someone will have to work a little harder
than just replacing 3 characters in a Perl script,
since a DAML+OIL->DL converter involves
distinguishing Object- and DatatypeProperties.

This is not particularly difficult, but obviously
a little work.

The species validator Sean and me worked on during
the last weeks is available at

http://potato.cs.man.ac.uk:8081/OWL/Validator

There are still  a
number of grey areas that need tightening up and some aspects that are
being ignored (including annotations), so we do not claim
completeness. It is usefull enough to show that several
test cases that were supposed to Lite are not Lite and
that the GUIDE Ontology is broken wrt. import and uses
several namespaces incorrectly.

Mit freundlichen Gru?en,
Best regards,

Raphael Volz