Re: OWL Lite vs OWL DL-Lite

I think ian's examples are valid real world examples of usefulness of OWL Lite DL.

Essentially they are characterized by an application being able to take advantage
of a reasoner's ability to classify descriptions correctly.  this requires iff
semantics.

Similarly I think there are users who come more from a modeling orientation who
would like a simple transition path up from rdfs and would benefit from an OWL
lite that does not require them to understand the limitations imposed by DL.

--
 Deborah L. McGuinness
 Knowledge Systems Laboratory