Re: ISSUE: XMLLiteral and xml:lang

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Subject: Re: ISSUE: XMLLiteral and xml:lang
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 15:28:49 +0000

> I propose that xml:lang and rdf:XMLLiteral are included in OWL Lite and OWL
> DL and that the concept of dataLiteral in the abstract syntax is aligned
> with the concept of RDF literal in RDF Concepts.
>
> Jeremy

To do so would require that an OWL Lite or OWL DL processor include an XML
canonicalization component.  I view this as a significant unnecessary
burden on OWL Lite or OWL DL processors, and thus oppose this proposal.

I also note that the treatment of RDF XML Literals has discrepancies
between the RDF Core WG Last Call Documents.