Re: OVERVIEW: WG preference - action from telecon

Umm... I haven't heard from Deb nor Frank;
did anybody actually tell them we'd like to
publish an update to WD-owl-features today?

Publication of semantics, guide, test, and requirements
are in progress, but I guess I propose to withdraw
my action to publish Overview (nee feature synopsis).

Somebody please *phone me* if that's not OK.

Note I get on a plane to SNA on Weds for a TAG ftf.

"2003-02-05 15:06 - 19:41 MCI->SNA Wednesday AMERICAN AIRLINES #1627"
  -- http://www.w3.org/2003/02dc-sna/itin1b.txt
derived from http://www.w3.org/2003/02dc-sna/itin1.rdf
also, in picture form: http://www.w3.org/2003/02dc-sna/itin1.png

On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 13:46, Jim Hendler wrote:
> Frank, Deb -
>   As neither of you were able to attend today's telecon, I took an
> action to make a request of the two of you with respect to your
> document.  Basically, it appears that the WG consensus was that the
> feature (overview) document doesn't quite reflect the correct status
> of the language with respect to intersectionOf, and that we would
> prefer if it were fixed in the overview document, rather than
> changing AS&S or other re-engineering of the language.
>
>   The consensus was that since it is easy to create certain kinds of
> intersections in Owl Lite, should include owl:intersectionOf in the
> Owl Lite vocabulary list in the Overview document.    The discussion
> of this feature can look liek the discussion of the other features
> that have restrictions in lite - i.e. the paragraph just says
> smething like "can only be used with named classes" (oe however that
> is made clear in the Overview).
>
>   If others on the WG who were on the call wish to explain this better
> than I did, or to make specific wording changes, please let me know.
>
>   Note: this reflects a consensus that this document change is
> desirable, not a reopening of an issue or a change in what is and
> isn't in Lite (as it is now normatively defined in the AS&S document).

office: tel:+1-913-491-0501