Re: SEM, LANG: initial decision tree doc

On Thu, 2002-03-21 at 14:15, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
[...]
> 	Indicative Inferences, Queries, and Expressiveness

These are a great way to cut to the chase; I'm trying
to turn these into test cases...

> Inference 1-intersection/
>    Premises: John is an instance of Student
> 	     John is an instance of Employee
>    Conclusion: John is an instance of the intersection of Student and Employee

I got that one transcribed and working with no problem
(I'll release it presently...), but...

> Inference 2-restrictions/
>    Premises: John is an instance of Student with no children
>    Conclusion: John is an instance of the restriction that requires no children

I don't understand how to say the premise and the
conclusion of this argument differently in DAML+OIL.

I can make a test of the form "does P imply P?" but
it's not very interesting; I don't think I understand
the point of this one.