Re: CHAIR-NOTE: Defaults and etc.

At 7:41 AM -0500 1/25/02, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
>	  to go back and read all the ``What's in a ...'' papers and also
>	  papers on first-order logic.

Funny, I was going to say exactly the same thing to you.  The fact
that the KR community lives in a narrow little bubble and ignores the
implemented systems world is just as bad as the fact that we
implementors have gotten out of touch with our logical roots.  The
whole idea of my email was that we should stop attacking each other's
needs and work towards consensus.  The fact that my mail solely
generated attacks makes me very depressed.
  -JH

AV Williams Building, Univ of Maryland		  College Park, MD 20742