Re: semantics: layering...? [was: Next steps (Action: all)]

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Subject: semantics: layering...? [was: Next steps (Action: all)]
Date: 28 Feb 2002 13:42:38 -0600

[...]

> I've been studying the layering stuff, but I'm not sure
> how to prepare for a telcon discussion of layering.

> If you have anything in particular in mind, please let me/us know.

I'm working on a message about this (and other things).  Expect something
tomorrow.

[...]

> Oh... one thing that would help me is if you and PatH
> could summarize the thread you guys had.
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Feb/0134.html
>
> I didn't follow all of it. Was there any particular result
> of the discussion?

We are still disagreeing.  I *think* that we have differing intuitions as
to how OWL is supposed to work, which is causing some fundamental
disagreements as to how the semantics will work.  This is one reason that I
would like to discuss layering at a telecon.