Re: WOWG - Reqdoc - please respond!

At 9:47 AM -0500 2/21/02, Lynn Andrea Stein wrote:
>What is the protocol for these comments?  I emailed Jeff extensive
>comments, but most of them were more document-centered and not
>issue-centered, so I didn't think it made sense to bother the whole list
>with them.  (They were, frankly, also not carefully worded in the way
>that I'd have tried to do had they gone to a public list.)

preference is to do something in public, but most important is to let
the WG know you've seen it something like -- "I read the document and
liked it, although had some wording suggestions (sent to Jeff
separately)" sent to the group lets us all know where you stand

>Also, much as I want to respect the schedule of this document/working
>group, I for one know that the timing of this particular comment period
>was approximately pessimal.  Perhaps it was equally difficult for others
>(and certainly it was not as previously advertised).

yes, it was not as advertised - we gave everyone significantly more
time than previously asked for, we're way behind our original schedule

Not directed at Lynn, but a general reminder -- the charter states

"Participation is expected to consume at least one day per week of
each Working Group member's time."

and simply joining one telecon per week when convenient does not
count as meeting that time commitment.  Reviewing documents is a
necessary part of making our group work folks, as will participating
in subgroups and etc.

  -Jim H.

AV Williams Building, Univ of Maryland		  College Park, MD 20742