RE: DOCUMENT: Layering document review (was Re: UPDATE: status of longer version of layering document)

At 7:08 PM +0200 2/13/02, Ziv Hellman wrote:
>  >
>>From: Frank van Harmelen <Frank.van.Harmelen@cs.vu.nl>
>>Subject: Re: DOCUMENT: Layering document review (was Re:
>>UPDATE: status of    longer version of layering document)
>>Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 10:12:35 +0100
>>
>>[...]
>>
>>>  option 1 is very nice but could only be chosen if at least
>>one of the following fixes was made to RDF(S):
>>>  1a move rdf:type to the meta-theory
>>>  1b stratify RDFS
>>>  1c allow for un-asserted triples in RDF
>>>  (and perhaps 1a and 1b are the same if someone could explain
>>it to me)
>>>
>>>  Looks like the next steps would be to get a sounding from
>>RDF Core on 1a-c.
>>>  If these are all out, we now where we stand.
>>>  If at least one of these could be in, we have to choose
>>between 1 and 3.
>>>
>>>  Frank.
>
>We keep mentioning soliciting opinions from the RDF Core group. But has
>anyone yet taken the step of actually knocking on the metaphorical door
>of the RDF Core working group conference room and begun any dialogue
>with them on the contentious subject matter? If yes, what has been the
>initial response? If not, who volunteers to do this?

A number of members of our group also sit on that WG, the Semantic
Web Coordination Group feels that simply having informal interaction
through these folks is the best way to proceed for now - at least
until some specific proposals start to appear (any noticed how I keep
coming back to that lately?)

AV Williams Building, Univ of Maryland		  College Park, MD 20742