RE: DOCUMENT: Layering document review (was Re: UPDATE: status of longer version of layering document)

>  >
>>From: Frank van Harmelen <Frank.van.Harmelen@cs.vu.nl>
>>Subject: Re: DOCUMENT: Layering document review (was Re:
>>UPDATE: status of    longer version of layering document)
>>Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 10:12:35 +0100
>>
>>[...]
>>
>>>  option 1 is very nice but could only be chosen if at least
>>one of the following fixes was made to RDF(S):
>>>  1a move rdf:type to the meta-theory
>>>  1b stratify RDFS
>>>  1c allow for un-asserted triples in RDF
>>>  (and perhaps 1a and 1b are the same if someone could explain
>>it to me)
>>>
>>>  Looks like the next steps would be to get a sounding from
>>RDF Core on 1a-c.
>>>  If these are all out, we now where we stand.
>>>  If at least one of these could be in, we have to choose
>>between 1 and 3.
>>>
>>>  Frank.
>
>We keep mentioning soliciting opinions from the RDF Core group. But has
>anyone yet taken the step of actually knocking on the metaphorical door
>of the RDF Core working group conference room and begun any dialogue
>with them on the contentious subject matter? If yes, what has been the
>initial response? If not, who volunteers to do this?

I do, being in both groups. HOwever I don't expect that the Core WG
will want to consider any large changes to RDF right now, as it is
late and badly wants to get to a conclusion and wrap-up, and has far
too much on its plate already. So I expect the best we can hope for
is a recommendation that RDF be 'fixed' by the next WG in version 2.
Bu that might well be good enough for Webont to move forward, I think.

Pat Hayes

IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax
phayes@ai.uwf.edu
http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes