Re: owl lite starting to look like more trouble than it's worth

On December 11, Deborah McGuinness writes:

> PLEASE do not reopen the OWL Lite issue again!!!

That is rich! It wasn't Dan that reopened the OWL Lite issue - *YOU*
did that by suggesting a substantive change to its specification.

> We have had continual requests for OWL Lite from people watching our work and that is
> what Frank and I largely responded to in our efforts to get it out.
> We have already had decisions to include it from as far back as the amsterdam face to
> face.  Since it was not recorded officially in the minutes then we got an official
> inclusion of the request and decision later.
> A significant amount of work has gone into it and I believe and many of us believe it
> is absolutely critical to the acceptance of some version of OWL.

Then why sabotage it by turning it into the same thing as OWL DL?

> After posting OWL Lite, we have had a number of public comments from industry stating
> how important it was to have a OWL Lite for acceptance.  I summarized those comments in
> the bristol f2f.
>
> OWL Lite is not putting the schedule at risk if either we leave it as it is or we add
> hasValue with the existing semantics.

How do you work that out? Suggesting substantive changes to the
specification at this late stage is bound to put the schedule at risk.

Ian