Re: Issue: Add hasValue to OWL Lite

Ian -The  IJCAI paper about SHOQ(D) which might somehow connote what
you are asserting, but I am afraid I don't see the connection.  The
argument you make in
[1]  is the argument that the worst case computational complexity of
reasoning goes up from absurd (EXPtime) to ridiculous (NEXPtime) with
the addition of oneOf (or hasValue).  However, exptime already means
you are limitied to relatively small domains or to incompleteness,
and thus I don't find Nexptime compellingly bad.

In short, you are arguing that adding hasValue makes the worst case
computational complexity of OWL Lite to be the same as that of OWL
DL.  OK, I'm willing to admit that.  However, the working group never
agreed that we were limiting Owl lite based on worst case complexity
-- in fact, you yourself argued that the only argument in favor of
Lite is ease of implementation -- okay, I throw that back to you --
Jos and I have argued this is not hard to implement.  In my case, it
is naturally implemented by databases, which are often optimized for
these sorts of tasks.