Re: CCXML: comment on ISSUE-729

Hello Chris,

My understanding of "It is the responsibility ... to make sure that they
are present." is that the Event I/O Processor should REJECT any events
that do not contain required attributes not that it should create them.

Especially in case of eventsource the Event I/O Processor can hardly
know what value should be used. The eventsource value specifies a URI to
which events may be sent. It means that the sender must fill it in to
inform the receiver how to answer.

Imagine a situation where one CCXML interpreter sends an event to
another one using basichttp. The Event I/O Processor of the target CCXML
interpreter cannot create eventsource attribute because it doesn't know
id of the session that sent the event, the URI of the sending CCXML
platform and it doesn't even know that he is receiving event from
another CCXML platform. So the format and structure of the eventsource
is completely unknown for the receiving Event I/O Processor.

You are correct that VoiceXML is not an I/O processor. In the issue I
reported it must be responsibility of the VoiceXML script to insert
eventsource value into the <data> tag. VoiceXML implementation doesn't
have to know anything about the CCXML internals. Only the application
programmer has to know it (and it is OK).

Regarding the issue I reported, could you explain me how you guess the
value of the eventsource in your Event I/O Processor? And are you able
to use this value to send an event from CCXML to VoiceXML using basichttp?

I believe that you are wrong in your understanding and there is no point
to reject the issue.

Regards,
Petr