CCXML: comment on ISSUE-729

Hello www-voice,

The question:
-------
"Who is responsible for inserting the required attributes in this case
where the event is sent from a VoiceXML application using basichttp?
I assume that it is responsibility of the VoiceXML application."
----------
I think the answer is "the basic http processor is responsible", because
9.4.2.1 says:
   "It is the responsibility of the Event I/O
  Processor that delivered the event to make sure that they are present."

VoiceXML is *not* an I/O processor. By definition, the <data> work
is flowing through the basichttp processor that translates HTTP into CCXML
events.

My understanding of the section of 9.1 that Petr quoted refers to users of
CCXML <send> who do not format their events correctly and so it doesn't apply here.

We recommend this issue be rejected for the above reasons. A positive side
effect is that VoiceXML also needs to know less of the internals of CCXML
(eventid, eventsource, and eventsourcetype).

Regards,
Chris

--
Chris Davis