RE: [PLS1.0] i18n comment: Not easy in ASR

R103-33 : Not easy in ASR

    Recent discussion:
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-voice/2006OctDec/0096.html

    Resolution: Accepted (w/modifications)

Here is the paragraph to be added in Section 1.2 [1] (after the third paragraph):

"PLS entries are applied to the graphemes inside SRGS grammar
 rules to convert them into the phonemes to be recognized.
 See the example below and the example in Section 1.3 for a PLS
 document used for both ASR and TTS.

 There might be other uses of PLS, for instance in a dictation system
 or for unconstrained ASR, which might be beyond the scope of this
 specification."

The example was already included in Section 1.3 [2].

~~~~~
Please indicate before 31 January 2007 whether you are satisfied with the VBWG's resolution, whether you think there has been a misunderstanding, or whether you wish to register an objection.

If you do not think you can respond before 31 January, please let me know. However, if we do not hear from you at all by 31 January 2007,
we will assume that you accept our resolutions.
~~~~~

Paolo Baggia, editor PLS spec.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-pronunciation-lexicon-20061026/#S1.2
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-pronunciation-lexicon-20061026/#S1.3