Re: [VE][64] document type does not allow element "TFOOT" here

David Peabody wrote:

> Yes, I'm a government contractor producing weekly short reports in
> printed, section 508 compliant PDF and HTML formats. Here is the URL
> of one of them: http://www.oas.samhsa.gov/2k9/201/201AdHeroinTx2k9.htm

In this case, the <tfoot> elements contain text that identifies the source
of the information in the table. I don't see any reason, in Section 508 or
elsewhere, to make it a <tfoot> element. One might even argue that it is
semantically incorrect, or at least questionable, to do, as the text does
not "contain information about the table's columns" but about the tabulated
data as a whole.

Anyway, you can put in a <div> element after the table. There will be some
CSS tuning to be done in order to make it appear properly placed with
respect to the table.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/