Re: Beta: "Revalidate" doesn't work for files

On Wed, 2002-11-06 at 11:42, B.J. Herbison wrote:

> > I think this is already resolved in CVS by omitting the revalidate
> > option for file uploads (or that's at least the proposed solution).
> > Would that be ok for you?
>
> Could you add a "Revalidate" link that goes to the "Extended
> Interface" with the file name pre-loaded?

Nice idea, but I have doubts if it'll work.  IIRC browsers send only the
file name, not the full path with file uploads.  Further, they won't
allow a the value of the field to be set, either directly from HTML or
by scripting (and IMO that's the way it should be, for security
reasons).  Please yell if I'm wrong, but I think the best one can do is
to click the back button and hope that the file name will be there...

> o  http://validator.w3.org:8001/detailed.html does not validate.
>     There's a missing / in line 148.

Yep, that has already been fixed in CVS.

> o  If you enter both a file and an URL the URL is ignored and
>     the file is uploaded and validated.  Should you warn, possibly
>     after checking both for validity?

A warning would be good, but I'm not sure about validating both of them;
that'll require pretty big changes to validator's output.  There's no
"batch" validation mode at the moment (not that it wouldn't be an
interesting feature, though :).

--
\/ille Skyttä
ville.skytta at iki.fi