Re: w3c and apache team

At 17:52 -0700 2002-08-13, Thanasis Kinias wrote:
>FWIW, I would have to agree with Björn on this from an end-user
>perspective.  _Normally_ I would want a validator simply to return an
>error if it gets a 404, but a switch (like the DOCTYPE and charset
>overrides) to validate 403/404/whatever error pages would be quite
>useful.  What would be problematic would be validating the 404 page by
>default, as it could be confusing to get the ``No errors found!'' result
>when I've miskeyed a URL.

Did I missed something?
Except for built-in Web server error pages (which is bad because not
modifiable), the Error pages are often real files like for example
	http://www.example.org/Error404.html

So you still have the possibility to give the address of this page
and validate it without having a 404 code from the server but a
200....

--
Karl Dubost / W3C - Conformance Manager
           http://www.w3.org/QA/