RE: What is at the end of the namespace?

This is my assertion.

> and that
> we've probably got past the stage where it is worth having
> the argument.

Well, it'll take awhile to turn the boat around, but I think
it's worth trying...

> A question...
>
> If I make an RDF statement about
> http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#, am I making a
> statement about
> a conceptual namespace, or about the RDFS resource that is at
> that URI?
> In either case, how do I make a statement about the other one?

I'm about to submit a number of I-D's to the IETF for several
URI schemes, including the following two, which address your
question:

Web Resource:

http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#
 = the web resource (if any ;-)

URI Reification:

uri:http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#
 = the reified URI of the web resource

e.g.

   <rdf:Description rdf:about="doi:10.92881929382">
      <dc:creator>Bob</dc:creator>
   </rdf:Description>
   <rdf:Description rdf:about="uri:doi:10.92881929382">
      <dc:creator>DOI's-R-Us</dc:creator>
   </rdf:Description>

in which case, Bob created the resource but the URI
itself was minted by the DOI agency DOI's-R-Us

--

Namespace Reification and Prefixation:

xmlns:rdf:http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#
 = the namespace, with associated namespace prefix

xmlns::http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#
 = the namespace, with no namespace prefix

--

I intend to proactively support the URI registration process,
taking account of all comments, suggestions, criticisms, etc.

These two URI schemes belong to the class of URIs called
Uniform Resource Primitives (URP) as defined in section 1.1.2 of

http://www-nrc.nokia.com/sw/X_Values_URI.pdf

which is also being revised and expanded as an I-D.

Regards,

Patrick