RE: WWW Notes

The problem is the i.e. instead of e.g.
that closes the door to understanding and turns public
welfare into a private party:  the burglar's
approach to wealth and fame.

So much valuable work has had to be
reinvented and so much history has been distorted
because the webSters cannot conceive of a
time before 1993.   Thus Jakob Nielsen can
claim to invent a known technique and Sun
can claim a patent for prior art based
on the lack of  accurate historical knowledge
transformed into webTrusisms that are false.
The world has to absorb it, and we are certainly
worse off.  Until the ethics of the web promoters
improve in this regard, they should be ignored.

I can think of a lot of investors who wish they had.
I can name two major vendors starting a war with it.

The essential task is to identify and apply means to
ensure "closed systems [of definitions] do not create systematic
distortions in communications". - Gruber

Len
clbullar@ingr.com
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.