Re: WWW Notes

Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com> wrote:

> This is a two way link as defined by XLink:

Oh, OK. I see. I would have called that two separate links, but OK.

>> How can you layer "two-way links" across the Web? What
>> do you mean by two way links? I'm not following...
> Maybe that you can define links independently of their origin and
> destination, within or outside documents themselves (RDF already allowed
> this, XLink gives an alternative).

Ahh, but this doesn't give you the benefits of two-way links that we would
normally expect. In fact, it makes it even harder to find backlinks -- and
forwardlinks for that matter, since the document that describes the link
doesn't have to be one of the parties that is linking!