Re: HTTP POST for sending large chunk of data

As far as I know there is nothing in either the HTML spec, CGI spec or the
ASP spec that prevents you from passing around arbitrarily large chunks of
data.  What you're are running against are limitations of particular
implementations.  For example, if I'm not mistaken, on Macs and Windows the
size of a standard text field is limited to 32K (this info may be outdated
:), which is more than enough in 95% of the cases.  You may also run into
size limitations on the server side.  But it's less likely.

You need to rethink your design.  If you require something so highly
unusual, maybe a Java applet is in order.

Regards
Dmitry Beransky